ELG guides entrepreneurs and businesses to achieve the best possible protection and licensing for critical intellectual property at all stages of their business lifecycle. Providing all aspects of IP counsel, we advise across many industries, guiding individual inventors, artists and creators, as well as, startups, established businesses of all sizes and large corporations. We work with domestic and international clients to develop a deep understanding of their industries, technologies and market dynamics. This client-centric and industry-focused approach enables us to provide strategic advice and guidance that goes beyond legal considerations.
With deep experience in corporate, employment, and investment matters, ELG attorneys frequently advise on confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements for use with employees, investors, strategic partners and consultants that cover non-disclosure, invention assignments, and work-for-hire. We review and provide advice on internal policies and procedures to ensure confidential information and trade secrets are fully protected. With a reputation for being innovators, we also counsel clients developing emerging technologies with their unique intellectual property needs. In particular, we advise early-stage clients on important rights and obligations that founders may have with respect to jointly-created IP and rights and obligations that founders may have with respect to former employers.
Our team handles a wide range of transactional legal matters related to trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, advertising, promotions and more, including:
- Branding counseling and development
- Domain name counseling, registration, protection, and dispute resolution
- Global trademark portfolio management
- Promotions and right of publicity
- Trademark clearance searches and opinions, prosecution, registration and maintenance, as well as clearance, monitoring, and enforcement
- Copyright counseling, registration and protection
- Copyright infringement analysis and enforcement
- Development and advice on best practices for protecting digital and AI content
- DMCA takedowns, and international regulatory framework
- Fair use analysis
- Media and entertainment licensing
IP Transactions and Licensing
- Advertising and development agreements
- Catalog sales and licensing
- Confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements (NDAs)
- Licensing and distribution, and SAAS agreements
- IP due diligence for mergers and acquisitions
- IP portfolio evaluation and audits
- Publishing, technology transfer, and trade secret protection agreements
For more information about how ELG attorneys may help with intellectual property matters, please connect with us through info@ELG.law.